EAFS exists to help animals find a good, safe, and caring home. This Site is solely for the buying and selling of legal and healthy animals; as well as animal equipment, toys, or products related those animals. The following guidelines must be followed when posting in order to ensure the welfare of animals and uphold a high standard of quality and honesty.
- Do not list an animal as a recognized breed, purebred, registered, or eligible to be registered if it is not.
- The term “purebred” is a confirmation of genetic background and adherence to breed characteristics. When posting your ad, this means that you can only advertise your animal as purebred if it applies to this definition.
- If an animal of a recognized breed is sold as purebred, registered or eligible to be registered, the seller is obligated to provide a duly transferred certificate of registration to the buyer.
- It is forbidden to list an animal as “Free”. It is important to us that everyone who adopts an animal can afford the care of the animal, and that they are committed to providing a safe and responsible environment to any animal they take in.
- EAFS does not permit any encouragement of animal cruelty or and signs that indicate so within that ads listed here. Account will be banned if this rule is not regarded. Furthermore, this applies to suspected cases of illegal practices or animal cruelty.
- EAFS forbids and prohibits the sale of extremely young animals that are not old enough to be sold as per recognized standards for that individual animal. Include a date of birth.
- Do not post animals that are on the endangered species list, are wild animals, or animals that are not permitted to be owned of sold, or that are a danger to others. You are responsible for knowing the unique laws of your area and adhering to them.
- EAFS does not allow any ads that offer shipment of animals. Animals may only be sold locally so that the transactions can occur in person.
Apart from animals and related equipment or toys, all other items, products, services, and the like are prohibited. Including, but not limited to, the following list of specific items. The list below details what can’t be posted on EAFS:
- Adult or Erotic Products and Services
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animal Byproducts
- Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts
- Counterfeit Products
- Embargoed Goods
- Escort or accompanying services
- Endangered Animals
- Endangered Plants
- Food for animal or human consumption
- Illegal Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia (such as narcotics, steroids etc.) or any mention of related items, services or activities
- Illegal Services
- Illegal Animals
- Illegal Plants, Fruits, Vegetables, Foods, or Animal Byproducts
- Ivory or bone (Examples include: Bone from animals that produce ivory, carved and uncarved ivory, manufactured items containing actual ivory, and so on)
- Items which encourage or facilitate illegal activity
- Marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia (or any mention of related items, services or activities)
- Meat for human or animal consumption
- Obscene Material and Child Pornography
- Offensive Material
- Parts of Animals (such as horns, bones, pelts, and so on)
- Pictures or images that contain nudity
- Prescription Drugs and Devices
- Prostitution or ads that offer sex, sexual favours or sexual actions in exchange for money
- Sexual services, including webcamming
- Solicitation of other users except by placing an ad
- Stolen Property
- Tobacco and Related Items
- Taxidermied Animals
Also, you are forbidden from posting anything that:
- defames anyone or contains “hate speech”
- contains an incorrect or misleading category or with misleading information
- serves no other purpose other than to send traffic to a web site
- is a duplicate ad in multiple categories or multiple cities
- is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your province of residence, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws relating to the item you list, buy or sell.
- Users must be at least 16 to post ads on their own. Ads for our younger users must be posted by an adult for security reasons.
- You can post up to 10 unique ads a day. Please do not post the same ad over and over again. Duplicate ads or ads that are too similar to an existing ad will be removed, and repeat offenders will be blocked from posting on EAFS.